Custom Search

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's up Doc?

Gardening is one of my favorite hobbies, along with yoga and surfing, all of which are not only good for the body, but more importantly the mind as well.

Today, I decided, was the day to pull some carrots, we will eat them for dinner. I have to admit I have never grown carrots before but these seemed to grow themselves, I am quite pleased with them. I wasn't sure when they would be ready so I have been pulling them periodically. They very rarely make it inside, I usually brush them off and eat them while still in the garden. They are tender and sweet, there is just nothing like food you have grown yourself. I encourage you all to try and grow something today, just ask for any advice or tips and I will do my best to help you out. I am a self proclaimed reformed black thumb, if I can do it anyone can. Enjoy the pictures and we will enjoy the carrots.



Pillaged carrots........Bibb lettuce..............Mystery plants that sprang up out of my compost

Row of bush beans.........................Cauliflower.....................Mesclun mix





New avocado tree

No comments: