Custom Search

Monday, April 6, 2009

A day late and a dollar short...

Yesterday I was supposed to write my update on bad habits, but as always with me, I procrastinated. Which leads me to... bad habits, I am a procrastinator. I have company coming to visit this week, which means I have a lot of stuff to do. So what did I do all of last week? Nothing. Yesterday, I worked outside in my yard all day, today and tomorrow I will frantically be cleaning my house. Which is why I am a day late, leading me back to ... bad habits.
I am a bad 'greenie', I forgot all about Earth Hour last weekend. It was 9:36 pm my time when I realized that we had missed it. As I looked around the house at all the lights that were on and t.v.'s blaring video games at me, I realized it doesn't take everyone turning everything off all at once, to make a difference. It takes everyone thinking twice about their impact everyday, that makes a difference. So, I made up for it, on Sunday I used as little energy as possible all day. My bad habit change for the environment was incidentally, unplugging my appliances, ironic for forgetting Earth Hour, I know. I have accomplished this task, mostly, I just need to buy a few power strips. My new bad habit change is to stop wasting paper towels, and I am well on my way. How has everyone else been doing? Anyone tackle something that they've been vowing to change? I'd love to hear about it. Don't stop though, with one bad habit down, try to erase another one. Just 21 days to stop a bad habit. Although, I am a glass half full kind of gal, so let's look on the bright side, 21 days to start a good habit. What can we accomplish in the next 21 days? Maybe I'll work on my procrastinating, or maybe I'll try that one some other time.

No comments: